Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Cake2019-07-17
- Yield : 8 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 quart pumpkin ice cream, softened
- 2 cups crumbled store-bought pumpkin bread
- 1/2 cup chopped store-bought candied pecans or other nuts, for garnish
Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large, chilled metal bowl, beat the whipping cream with 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar and the maple syrup and vanilla until it holds medium-stiff peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Combine the gingersnaps, the remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar and the melted butter in a large bowl and mix until completely combined. Firmly press the mixture into the prepared pie plate. Freeze for 30 minutes to set.
Spread the softened ice cream into the pie crust, being sure to make the top as smooth as possible. Top with the pumpkin bread and then with the whipped cream. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Garnish with candied pecans before serving.