Pumpkin Spice Crumble with Pear and Cranberry2014-12-10
- Yield : 12 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 10m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ripe pears, cored and diced
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Pinch kosher salt
- Butter or nonstick cooking spray, for the baking dish
- Pumpkin Spiced Whipped Cream, recipe follows, vanilla ice cream, Greek yogurt or coffee ice cream, for serving
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or bourbon
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
For the crumble topping: In a food processor, combine the diced butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pecans, oats, flour, pumpkin spice and salt. Pulse in short bursts of 3 to 5 seconds until the mixture resembles little pebbles. Or combine in a bowl and mix well, then work the mixture by hand to the desired texture. Reserve, chilled. (The mixture may be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen indefinitely.)
For the filling: Combine the pears and cranberries in a large bowl and sprinkle the cornstarch, granulated sugar, ginger, orange zest and salt over the fruit. Mix well to combine.
Lightly grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Transfer the fruit mixture to the baking dish and spread into an even layer. Scatter the crumble topping over the fruit, covering it completely. Bake until bubbling and browned on top, about 40 minutes. Rest 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with Pumpkin Spiced Whipped Cream, vanilla ice cream or Greek yogurt. For a unique flavor twist, try coffee ice cream.
In a large bowl, combine the whipping cream, sugar, pumpkin spice and vanilla extract or bourbon. Beat vigorously with a whisk or electric mixer until soft peaks form. Serve immediately.