- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 16m
- Ready In : 51m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 to 6 dried porcini mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces (1 cup) ground veal
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) ground pork
- Salt (preferably gray sea salt) and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup veal stock (or quality chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce or tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
Soak the mushrooms: Place the porcini in warm water; soak for 15 minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid, then chop the porcini. Start a large pot of salted water boiling for your pasta.
Saute the onions: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook gently to "sweat," about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook for about a minute, or until the garlic is lightly browned.
Add the veal and pork: Stir in the meat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms; cook for about 4 minutes to caramelize the meat. Meanwhile, boil the pasta.
Finish the sauce: Add the wine and 2 tablespoons porcini juice; cook for 1 minute to evaporate. Add the stock and parsley; cook for 2 minutes. Add the marinara and 1/4 cup pasta cooking water; simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Toss with cooked pasta and the parmesan. Garnish with more cheese.