Raffy’s Turkey Sausage and Chestnut Stuffing2017-06-08
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 medium green apple, cored and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red apple, cored and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus 2 tablespoons cubed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (6-ounce) bag dried cranberries
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage, meat removed from casing
- 8 ounce jar steamed whole chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound day old cornbread or bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup canned chicken stock
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium saute pan add the apples, onion, 1 tablespoon oil and butter cook over a medium low heat for 10 minutes to soften. Add the wine, cranberries, and salt and pepper, simmer for about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and turkey sausage meat and break up with a wooden spoon and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl toss together the fruit and onion mixture, the sausage, the chestnuts, the cornbread and red pepper flakes. Combine all the ingredients.
Add the chicken stock, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Gently place into an 8 1/2 by 8 1/2- inch glass Pyrex baking dish and top with the remaining Parmesan. Dot with butter. Place in middle rack and bake until top is golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.