Ranchero Burrito with Bran Cereal2013-05-26
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Main Dish, Snack
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup black bean pate
- 1/2 pound sliced smoked turkey breast
- 1 cup shredded, reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups high-fiber, no-sugar-added bran cereal
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups low-sodium tomato juice
Warm the tortillas in a microwave oven for 10 seconds or place in a toaster oven for 15 to 20 seconds to make them easier to roll. Spread the warmed tortillas with the black bean pate, top with turkey, and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Roll up, and microwave for 45 seconds on high, or until the cheese melts. Or, place in toaster oven for 2 minutes. Cut in 1/2 crosswise and serve with tomato slices on the side.
Divide cereal and milk evenly between 4 bowls.
Divide between 4 glasses.