- Yield : 2 flatbreads
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Two 8-ounce pieces naan flatbread
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into chiffonade (thin strips)
- Red pepper flakes, for sprinkling
Put the ricotta in a strainer set over a bowl and strain in the fridge overnight.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Season the zucchini, squash, bell pepper and onion with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Grill until grill marks appear and the vegetables are slightly tender but still a little al dente, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
Brush the naan with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, then sprinkle with the oregano, thyme and garlic powder. Top each piece of naan with half of the grilled vegetables and sun-dried tomatoes. Dollop with the ricotta and season with salt and pepper. Bake until the bread starts to get crispy, 12 to 15 minutes.
Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of basil and red pepper flakes before serving.Â