Red Wine Risotto with Chorizo2019-07-03
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 45m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 cup minced sweet chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 2 cups Carnaroli rice or Arborio, if not available
- 2 cups red wine
- 4 cups chicken stock, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups grated Mancego, plus more, for garnish
- 1 cup peas, frozen, fresh, or canned
- Chopped parsley, as a garnish
Render chorizo in a saucepan that is large enough for risotto. Remove chorizo but leave fat in the pan. Add the olive oil and cook the onions until translucent.
Add the rice. Stir for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the wine and cook down. Start adding the stock, two ounces at a time, keeping the heat on low.
Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until cooked, should be al dente. Finish with butter, cheese, peas, and chorizo.