Rice with Fresh Herbs2012-09-30
- Yield : Serves 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon
- kosher salt, plus extra if needed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, chives, cilantro, mint, or tarragon, or a combination of many
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the rice and 1 tablespoon of the salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain through a fine-mesh sieve and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Shake the sieve to drain as much water as possible.
Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the rice and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir with a heatproof rubber spatula to coat all the rice with the butter. Once the rice is warmed through, about 3 minutes, transfer the rice to a serving bowl and add the herbs plus additional salt, if needed. Stir with a fork to incorporate and fluff the rice and serve warm or at room temperature.