Roast Turkey, Fennel and Onions with Buttered Egg Noodles2018-05-31
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus 2 tablespoons for the egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 bulbs fennel, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, quartered and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 round tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds sliced roast turkey breast, bite-size pieces
- 1 pound extra-wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Handful grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Toasted pine nuts, for garnish
Heat the EVOO in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and melt into the oil. Add the thyme, garlic, fennel, onions and some salt and pepper. Saute until very soft and light golden in color, about 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir a minute. Deglaze with the wine, then stir in the stock and thicken. Then add the turkey. Cool and store for a make-ahead meal. Reheat over medium heat.
To serve, heat a large pot of water over high heat, season the water with salt and cook the pasta to al dente.
Heat the turkey and fennel over medium heat, add the cream and thicken the sauce, adjust the seasoning.
Drain the egg noodles, return to the pot and toss with the butter, parsley, parm and some salt and pepper. Serve the turkey on a bed of egg noodles garnished with pine nuts.