Roasted Parsnip, Carrot and Ginger Salad with Pomegranate2014-07-13
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 medium sized carrots, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Juice 1 orange
- 1/2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated and peeled
- 1 3/4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Seeds 1 very ripe and red pomegranate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients except the cilantro leaves and pomegranate seeds and place in a roasting dish in the oven. Stir after 15 minutes and cook for another 20 minutes. Do watch them because they can burn easily and may need an occasional stirring.
Once cooked, remove the dish from the oven and when the vegetables are cooled, mix in the cilantro leaves.
Extract the seeds from the pomegranate and sprinkle over the salad.