Roasted Vegetable Stew with Moroccan Couscous2014-09-06
- Yield : 4 servings (with leftover vegetables for 2 additional meals)
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Cooking spray
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 large (or 2 medium) yellow squash, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup minced dried apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Transfer the cut vegetables to prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper. Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
In a large saucepan, combine broth, tomatoes, cumin, and thyme. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Stir in all but 2 cups of the roasted vegetables (reserve 1 cup of the roasted vegetables for the Eggplant Caponata and 1 cup for the Chicken Curry). Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
Cook couscous according to package directions, adding apricots and cinnamon before the addition of boiling water.
Remove vegetable stew from heat and stir in cilantro. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
Spoon cooked couscous into shallow dinner bowls and top with vegetable stew.