Rockfish with Balsamic Vinegar Reduction and French Green Beans tossed with Radicchio and Fennel2017-07-30
- Yield : 3 to 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 Rockfish fillets, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for searing
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 whole head garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- French green beans, recipe follows
- Fried rice noodles, recipe follows
- 1/2 pound French-cut green beans
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 head radicchio
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package rice noodles (recommended: Thai Kin)
- In a medium-sized pot, bring water to a rapid boil. Add the entire package of noodles to the water and cook according to the package directions. Drain the water from the pot and set the noodles aside.
- Place the vegetable melange in the middle of the plate. Top with a fish fillet and add a few rice noodles on top of the fish. Drizzle reduced balsamic vinegar around the plate.
In a medium sized bowl, marinate the rockfish fillets in extra-virgin olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, and garlic After the fillets have soaked in the marinade for a few minutes, sear the fillets in olive oil in a medium sized pan until cooked through. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
Bring vinegar to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced by 1/2 and liquid becomes syrupy. Set aside to garnish the fish.
Serve with French green beans and top with a few fried rice noodles.
In a medium-sized pot, bring water to a rapid boil. Add the green beans for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, then immediately drain them from the pan and shock them in ice water. Drain the beans from the ice water and set aside. Slice the fennel bulb very thin. Cut and wash the radicchio head and slice it into quarters. Toss all of the vegetables together in a medium sized bowl and add salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.