Romaine Salad with Pear, Smoked Blue Cheese, and Candied Pecans2019-07-18
- Yield : 6 servings
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, torn (about 6 cups)
- 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced or chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 5 ounces smoked blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 thinly sliced green onions (about 1/2 cup)
Cook the sugar and pecans in a small skillet over medium, 5 to 7 minutes or until the sugar has caramelized. Spread the pecans in a single layer on lightly greased wax paper on a large baking sheet. Let them cool completely and then chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, garlic, salt, sugar, and pepper in a small bowl.
Layer the lettuce, pears, cheese, avocado, and green onions on a large serving platter. Drizzle with the desired amount of dressing, and top with the pecans.