Route 66 Burgers2013-04-28
- Yield : 4 servings of 2 mini-burgers each
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20 leanness)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices Cheddar, cut into 8 squares
- 8 dinner-size potato rolls
Heat canola oil in a saute pan and cook onions over medium heat until they caramelize.
Heat grill. Form ground beef into 8 (2-inch) patties. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and grill burgers until medium rare, remove to a platter and top with cheddar cheese slices to allow melting.
Use a 2-inch circle cutter (or biscuit cutter) to cut the potato rolls into circles. Place burgers in rolls and top burgers with caramelized onion.