Saga Wagyu Panzanella2014-10-20
- Course: Side Dish
- Add to favorites
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 ounce dried country bread, cut into 1-inch dice
- 5 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 ounce black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 red onion, shaved julienned
- Olive oil
- Rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 quarts kelp stock (water and dried kelp)
- 4 slices of Saga Wagyu, sliced 3/4 inch
- salt to taste
- (Setting bath)
- 2 cups water
- 2 .5 grams calcium chloride
- 35 grams basil leaves
- 4 grams sodium alginate
For the salad, combine bread and vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
Keep cold until ready for use.
Keep one quart kelp stock at 160 degrees F. Chill the other quart.
Gently dip a slice of wagyu beef into the warm broth until cooked medium rare. Remove and place into the chilled broth.
110 grams sugar
In a blender, combine water and calcium chloride and blend for 20 seconds. Reserve in a bowl.
In a sauce pot, combine sugar and water, bring to a boil. Remove from hear and add basil. Puree for 1 minute until bright green and then add sodium alginate.
Strain this liquid and add to the caviar tray and dispense into calcium bath. Remove the caviar once they form and rinse in clean water.
Place panzanella salad in a bowl, top with chilled wagyu slice and basil caviar.