Sausage and Clams With Polenta2015-11-03
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4 grams
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, florets chopped, or 1/2 head escarole, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound hot or sweet Italian sausages, cut into chunks
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 16 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- Chopped fresh parsley, for topping (optional)
Cook the polenta as the label directs; keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and broccoli rabe, season with salt and pepper and cook until the broccoli rabe is slightly tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add the sausage to the pot and cook until just brown, breaking it up with a spoon, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.
Add the clams; cover and cook over medium-high heat until the clams open, 5 to 7 minutes (discard any that do not open). Return the broccoli rabe to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Divide the polenta among bowls and top with the sausage-clam mixture and cooking liquid. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.