Sauteed Rabbit with Roasted Red Peppers2017-12-10
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 ounces Prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 pounds rabbit, cut into serving pieces and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 large roasted red peppers, peeled, cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 drained anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
In a casserole set over moderate heat, cook the Prosciutto in the oil and butter, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the rabbit, season with salt and pepper and cook it until browned on both sides. Add the bay leaf, rosemary, parsley and stock. Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer the rabbit, covered, for 45 minutes, or until just tender.
In a small skillet heat the 1/4 cup of oil over moderate heat until hot. Add the garlic and cook it, stirring, until golden. Add the anchovy and cook it, stirring, until dissolved. Add the vinegar and reduce it over moderately high heat to 2 tablespoons.
Add the sliced peppers and anchovy mixture to the casserole and simmer it, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes longer.