Seared Mahi Mahi with Zesty Basil Butter2015-07-25
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus additional for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus additional for seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) mahi mahi fillets
Zesty Basil Butter:
Combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring until the butter melts. Cover and keep warm over low heat.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook the fish for 3 minutes; then turn and cook until just opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer the fillets to individual plates.
Spoon the warm basil butter over the fish and serve.