Seared Tuna Steak with White Bean and Tomato Salad2017-11-28
- Yield : 2 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini or great Northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in 1/2
- 1 heirloom or plum tomato, for garnish
To make the steaks: Combine lemon zest, oil, salt, and pepper and marinate the steaks for 10 to 30 minutes (but no longer than 30 minutes or the fish will start to break down.)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a hot but not smoking pan, sear on each side for 2 minutes. Transfer the steaks to an ovenproof dish and finish in the oven for 5 minutes.
To make the salad: In a medium skillet, cook the shallots in 2 tablespoons of oil for 5 minutes. Add the beans, stock, rosemary, and pepper and gently cook for 7 to 8 minutes on low.
Remove the pan from the heat and very gently fold the cherry tomatoes into the bean mixture, taking care not to break them.
To serve, thinly slice the heirloom or plum tomato and place 4 slices on each plate. Mound the salad in the middle and sprinkle with the remaining oil.