Seared Tuna Tostada with Black Bean Mango Salsa2017-06-29
- Yield : 20 servings
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans, drained
- 1 medium mango, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 yellow bell peppers, roasted, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chipotle puree
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Three 1/4-inch thick tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
Black Bean Mango Salsa:Â Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt & white pepper. May be prepared and refrigerated, covered, up to 1 day ahead. Bring to room temperature 1 hour before serving.
Roasted Yellow Pepper Vinaigrette:Â Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Seared Tuna:Â In a large saute pan over high heat, heat the oil until it begins to smoke. Season each steak with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 30 seconds or until brown and crisp. Turn the tuna over, and cook for 10 seconds more or until done to your liking. Cut the seared tuna into 1 1/2" squares just before serving.
Assembly: 2 cups peanut oil 7 flour tortillas, cut into 6-inch diameter rounds Black Bean Mango Salsa Jicama, julienned Vinaigrette (juice of ? lemon, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt&pepper) Seared tuna steaks Yellow Pepper Vinaigrette 20 cilantro leaves
In a medium skillet over high heat, heat the peanut oil to 375 degrees F or until an edge of a tortilla sizzles when it is immersed. Fry the tortilla until crisp, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and set aside. For each tostada, toss jicama in vinaigrette and place 2 tablespoons on each tortilla, top jicama with a thin layer of salsa and place a piece of grilled tuna on top. Garnish with a cilantro leaf and yellow pepper vinaigrette.