Sensational Chicken Noodle Soup2018-10-31
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 4 cup Swanson(R) Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodnessa,,c or Certified Organic)
- Generous dash ground black pepper
- 1 medium carrot, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup uncooked extra wide egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken or turkey
Heat the broth, black pepper, carrot and celery in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
Stir the noodles and chicken into the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
Asian Soup: Add 2 green onions cut into 1/2-inch pieces, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon ground ginger and 2 teaspoons soy sauce. Substitute uncooked curly Asian noodles for egg noodles.
Mexican Soup: Add 1/2 cup Pace Chunky Salsa, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1 cup rinsed and drained black beans and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder. Substitute 2 corn tortillas (4 or 6-inch) cut into thin strips for the noodles, adding them just before serving.
Italian Tortellini Soup: Add 1 can (about 14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed and 1 cup spinach leaves. Substitute 1/2 cup frozen cheese tortellini for egg noodles. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.