- Yield : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced stemmed shiitake mushrooms (about 6 ounces)
- 7 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Two 3-ounce packages ramen noodles (flavor packets discarded)
- 12 ounces peeled medium shrimp, halved lengthwise (about 20 shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons 1-inch-long pieces fresh chives
Put the bacon in a cold medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the saucepan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the shiitakes and cook, stirring, until browned, about 6 minutes.
Pour in the chicken broth, soy sauce, and Worcestershire and bring to a boil. Add the ramen and boil until tender, about 2 minutes.
Remove the broth from the heat and stir in the shrimp. Let stand until the shrimp are cooked, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve topped with the chives.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes