Shrimp Salad with Coconut Green Goddess Dressing2019-04-14
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat11 grams
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup fresh cilantro and/or parsley
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped (about 12 cups)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
Peel the oranges with a paring knife, removing any white pith. Slice between the membranes to remove the segments; set aside. Squeeze out the excess juice from the membranes into a blender. Add the herbs, scallions and coconut cream and puree until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and puree until creamy. Set the dressing aside.
Season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, then add half the shrimp and cook, turning once, until opaque, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove to a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and shrimp.
Add the romaine, avocado, cashews, radishes and orange segments to the bowl with the shrimp; toss. Drizzle with the dressing and season with salt and pepper.