Sicilian Love Cake2012-08-27
- Yield : 12 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 10m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus the ingredients called for in the directions
- Canola oil, for preparing the pan
- 28 ounces ricotta cheese (3 1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces mascarpone (1/2 cup)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounces mascarpone (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup whole milk
- One 3.9-ounce box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Preheat the oven according to the cake mix directions. Coat a 9-by-13-inch pan with canola oil. Prepare the cake batter according to the cake mix directions, pour into the prepared pan and set aside.
To make the filling: Combine the ricotta, mascarpone, eggs, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk until smooth. Gently pour the filling onto the cake pan of chocolate batter so the top is completely white. Bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean and the chocolate layer has risen to the top, about 40 minutes. Let the cake cool completely.
To make the frosting: Just before serving, blend together the mascarpone, milk, chocolate pudding mix and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth. Using an offset spatula, spread the frosting evenly over the cake and serve.