Skillet Pork and Potatoes2018-06-29
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat4 grams
- 2/3 cup jarred Peppadew peppers, sliced, plus 3 tablespoons brine from the jar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 thin-cut boneless pork loin chops (about 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 12 ounces new potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 12 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 pint assorted cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Combine one-third of the Peppadews, half of the parsley, the rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a bowl; rub all over the pork. Set aside while you prepare the potatoes.
Combine the potatoes and 1/4 cup water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and pierce a few times with a knife to vent; microwave until tender, about 8 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the olive oil. Working in batches, add the pork and cook until browned, 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 30 seconds; transfer to a plate.
Add the onion, mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic to the skillet; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start browning, 8 minutes. Add the broth and the remaining Peppadews and brine. Bring to a simmer; cook until the sauce is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Return the pork to the pan and cook, flipping occasionally, until cooked through, 5 minutes; stir in the potatoes. Top with the remaining parsley.