Slow-Cooker Barbecue Ham and Black-Eyed Peas2018-06-10
- Yield : 8 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat5 grams
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 small leek (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless smoked pork shoulder (picnic ham)
- 2 sprigs thyme, plus leaves for topping
- 1 1-pound package frozen black-eyed peas (about 4 cups), thawed
Whisk the beef broth, tomato paste, maple syrup, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and chili powder in a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the leek and set the pork on top; nestle the thyme sprigs in the liquid. Add the black-eyed peas. Cover and cook on low until the pork is fork-tender, 7 to 8 hours, or on high, 4 hours.
Remove the pork to a cutting board and slice. Add up to 1 cup water to the beans in the slow cooker to loosen; serve with the pork. Top with thyme.