Slow-Cooker Chicken Curry2013-02-17
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat19 grams
- 1 14-ounce can Thai coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Massaman curry paste (or red curry paste and 1 tablespoon sugar)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, plus more for topping
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for topping
Whisk 1/2 cup water, the coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, ginger and lime zest in a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker. Smash the lemongrass stalk with the flat side of a knife or a meat mallet and tie in a knot. Add the lemongrass, peanuts and potatoes to the slow cooker. Top with the chicken thighs and gently press to submerge in the liquid. Cover and cook on low, 7 hours.
Â Uncover the slow cooker and skim off some of the fat. Stir in the lime juice; season with salt. Break up the chicken into smaller chunks. Let stand 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly; discard the lemongrass.
Serve the curry with rice. Top with peanuts and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.