Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes2015-04-10
- Yield : 6 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
Combine the potatoes and garlic in the slow cooker. Pour the chicken broth over the potatoes, cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours, or on low 6 to 8 hours.
Remove the potatoes and drain, reserving the cooking liquid and removing the garlic. Return the potatoes to the slow cooker.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan with the half-and-half over low heat. Remove from the heat and add to the potatoes along with the cream cheese and liberally season with salt and pepper. Use a potato masher to mash, adding the reserved cooking liquid to the potatoes if necessary for the desired consistency.
Keep warm before transferring to a serving platter. Garnish with chopped chives.