Smoked Macaroni Salad2012-11-13
- Yield : 10 side-dish servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 stalks celery, small diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 bunch green onions, greens parts only, sliced (about 1/2 cup), plus for garnish
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
In a large pot of heavily salted water, cook the macaroni according to package directions for al dente. Drain and add to a large bowl along with 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise, and the celery and green onions. Toss well.
In a medium bowl, combine the remaining mayonnaise and the cider vinegar, mustard, bourbon, honey, salt, pepper and liquid smoke. Stir until smooth, then add to the macaroni. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
Refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours to allow the flavors to meld. Garnish with green onions before serving.