Smokey Shrimp Cabernet2019-03-06
- Yield : 8 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/4 lb. thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 lbs. uncooked small shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jar Bertolli(R) Vineyard Premium Collections Fire Roasted Tomato with Cabernet Sauvignon Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 loaf French bread, thinly sliced and toasted
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick skillet until crisp. Remove bacon; reserve 2 tablespoons drippings.
Heat reserved drippings in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until shrimp just turn pink. Add Sauce, broth and reserved bacon; heat through. To serve, top bread slices with shrimp mixture, then cheese. Garnish, if desired, with chopped basil.
Variation: For a main dish, serve over hot cooked pasta.
TIP: Shrimp mixture can be made up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate covered until ready to use. Heat through, then spoon onto bread slices.