Smoky Tomato-Greek Yogurt Crema2019-07-26
- Yield : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved
- Canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chipotles in adobo
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 cup 2-percent or nonfat Greek yogurt
Heat a grill to high. Toss the tomato halves with some canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until the tomatoes are charred and softened, turning once or twice, about 5 minutes total.
Combine the grilled tomatoes, vinegar and chipotles in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add the garlic, onions, cilantro, oregano and some salt and pepper and pulse until slightly smooth.
Put the yogurt in a medium bowl and swirl in some of the salsa, being careful not to stir it in completely.