Smothered Spinach Pork Chops2016-09-01
- Yield : 4 Servings
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) package boneless thick pork center cut chops
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced baby bella (crimini) mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
1. Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the pork chops and add to the pan. Cook, turning once, until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add the onion, mushrooms, and a pinch each of salt and pepper to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Continue stirring while adding the broth in a slow, steady stream. Bring to a boil, then simmer, scraping the browned bits from the pan until the consistency of gravy, about 5 minutes. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
3. Return the pork chops to the pan and simmer until the pork is not longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Transfer the pork to serving dishes. Stir the spinach into the sauce until just wilted, about 1 minute. Nestle the pork into the sauce and serve.