Snappy Pear and Cranberry Crumble2014-09-21
- Yield : 8 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 10m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 pounds pears, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick (8 to 10 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange zest plus 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter, softened, for buttering the baking dish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the crumble: Mix the flour, gingersnap crumbs, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture has a crumbly texture.
For the filling: In a separate large bowl, combine the pear slices, cranberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, orange zest and juice and vanilla.
Brush a 2-quart baking dish with softened butter. Pour the fruit mixture into the bottom of the prepared dish, and sprinkle the gingersnap crumble evenly over the top. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes.