Southeast Asian Charred Broccoli2014-09-29
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 large head broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds), outer part of thick stems peeled
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted salted cashews
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, plus lime wedges, for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (or mint)
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Cut the broccoli florets into 1-inch pieces and slice the stems crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Put in a large bowl and toss with the oil and 1 tablespoon water. Spread on a baking sheet and roast, stirring once halfway through, until tender and lightly charred, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the cashews, fish sauce, lime juice, cilantro and jalapeno. Serve with lime wedges.