- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce, for seasoning
- 10 cups black bean tortillas chips (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped smoked jalapeA+-o sausage or other spicy sausage (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- About 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- One 8-ounce jar chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeA+-os
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sour cream
For the guacamole: Add the avocado flesh to a bowl and smash. Mix in the shallot, tomato and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and shake in some hot sauce.
For the nachos: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread the tortilla chips on a sheet pan and bake until hot, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the sausage in a skillet, stirring, until browned, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Combine the cheese, scallions and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Add 1 1/4 cups half-and-half and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until melted and smooth. Stir in the pimientos. Add more half-and-half if necessary for a nice drizzling consistency.
Transfer half of the chips to a large dish and top with half the sausage, beans, jalapeÃ±os and olives. Drizzle generously with the cheese sauce. Add the remaining chips, sausage, beans, jalapeÃ±os and olives. Drizzle on more cheese sauce, then top with the guacamole and sour cream. Serve additional cheese sauce on the side for dipping.