- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for finishing
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes
- 8 ounces very small cherry tomatoes, roughly crushed with your hands, or regular cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 48 tiny clams such as cockles or vongole
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous amount of salt (at least 2 tablespoons) and the pasta and stir to separate. Cook until 3 minutes short of al dente (according to package directions), then drain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large straight-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and sizzling, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pepper flakes and crushed tomatoes, season with salt and cook until the tomatoes are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Add the clams and cover for 2 to 3 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring, until the clams open. Discard unopened clams.
Add the pasta to the skillet along with the parsley, cheese and butter. Cook, tossing and stirring and drizzling with olive oil, until the pasta is cooked through and the sauce is silky and thickened. Serve drizzled with oil and sprinkled with cheese and parsley.