Spiced Apple Drop Cookies2018-09-15
- Yield : 3 1/2 dozen
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 13m
- Ready In : 43m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Crisco(R) Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (18.25 oz.) box Pillsbury(R) Reduced Sugar Yellow Cake
- 1/3 stick Crisco(R) Butter Shortening Sticks or 1/3 cup Crisco(R) Butter Shortening
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup peeled and shredded Granny Smith apple (about 1 large)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury(R) Reduced Sugar Vanilla Frosting
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
HEAT oven to 375 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
COMBINE cake mix and shortening in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until a coarse meal forms. Sprinkle spices over mixture. Add apple, walnuts and egg, mixing on low speed until a smooth dough forms. Drop tablespoonsfuls of dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute. Remove to cooling rack.
PLACE frosting and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon into the corner of a 1-quart resealable food storage bag. Knead to combine. Seal bag. Microwave 5 seconds on HIGH (100% power). Snip small edge off bag corner. Squeeze bag to drizzle cooled cookies with frosting. Sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon.