Spicy Bulgur Vegetable Pilaf2019-06-28
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 chipotle chile in adobo, to taste, chopped, plus 1/2 to 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup medium bulgur
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant and golden, 7 to 10 minutes. Check frequently, as they can burn quickly. Cool before using.
Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the chipotle chile, adobo sauce, coriander, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the bulgur and the boiling water. Cover, remove from the heat, and let stand until the bulgur is tender, about 25 minutes.
Fluff the bulgur with a fork and pour into a large bowl. Toss with the arugula, green peas, parsley, dill and walnuts. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.Â
Copyright 2016 Television Food Network, G.P.Â All rights reserved.