Spicy Cajun Chicken Pot Pie2018-08-31
- Yield : 4 servings
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- One 9-inch round refrigerated pie dough
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, plus more, for brushing
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces small red potatoes, diced
- 3 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken (from a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the pie dough on a baking sheet and brush with a little milk. Sprinkle with the thyme and 1/4 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 18 minutes. Break into quarters.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, onion and remaining 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Gradually pour in the milk while stirring to avoid lumps. Add the potatoes and 2 cups water. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are cooked and the liquid is thickened, about 15 minutes. Add the chicken and jalapenos and simmer until the chicken is heated through, about 3 minutes. Thin the sauce with a little water if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve in shallow bowls with a portion of pie crust.