Spicy Chicken with Peppers and Basil2019-06-01
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 2 cups jasmine rice, prepared to directions on the package
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon (1 turn around the pan) wok or light colored oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chile oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small to medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (2 turns around the pan in thin stream or 2 splashes) fish sauce
- 20 leaves fresh sweet basil, torn
- Serving suggestion: Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing, recipe follows
- 3 tablespoons chunky style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons light oil, vegetable or canola
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, a splash
- 2 tablespoons (2 splashes) rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (2 pinches) cayenne pepper
- 1 small head Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups fresh bean spouts
- 2 carrots, grated or peeled into curls with a vegetable peeler
Place rice on the stovetop to cook.
Cut chicken on an angle across the breast into thin strips. Cut strips across into bite size pieces. Set chicken aside. Wash hands and cutting board.
When the rice is 6 or 7 minutes away from being done, begin your stir fry.
Heat a wok, wok shaped skillet, or large nonstick skillet over high heat. When the pan smokes, add wok or light cooking oil, and hot chile oil. Sprinkle in crushed pepper flakes. Add chicken and stir fry 2 minutes. Add onions, red bell peppers, and garlic and stir-fry for 1 or 2 more minutes. Add fish sauce. Remove the pan from heat and add basil. Toss chicken dish until basil wilts.
Serve chicken and peppers with prepared rice, salad with peanut dressing.
Heat peanut butter in microwave in a small microwave safe dish on high for 15 seconds to soften. Transfer peanut butter to a bowl. Whisk in oil, soy, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne pepper.
Pile lettuce, bean spouts, and carrots on a serving platter. Drizzle liberally with peanut dressing and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minutesÂ
Cooking time: noneÂ
Ease of preparation: easy