Spicy Chipotle Mixed Nuts with Bacon and Popcorn2019-07-26
- Yield : About 5 cups
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable or canola oil, for the baking sheet
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews
- 1 cup unsalted raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup unsalted raw peanuts
- 1 cup unsalted raw walnuts
- 1 cup popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons crumbled dried chilies
For the chipotle spice blend: Mix together the sugar, chipotle powder, coriander, cumin, lime zest, granulated garlic and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a small bowl and set aside.
For the nuts: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with the oil.
Put the egg white in a large bowl and whisk until frothy. Add the cashews, macadamia, peanuts and walnuts and toss to coat. Add the spice blend and toss to coat.
Spread the nut mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet, then stir in the popcorn, bacon and chilies and transfer to a large bowl to serve.