Spicy Green Tomato-Avocado Salad2017-09-05
- Yield : 8 servings
- Prep Time : 35m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2 grams
- 1 1/2 pounds green (unripe) tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups mache or Bibb lettuce leaves
Put the tomatoes in a bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt; let sit 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk the lime juice, mustard, honey, jalapeno, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Gradually pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly until emulsified.
When ready to serve, halve the avocados, remove the pits, peel and thinly slice. Add to the bowl with the dressing, then add the lettuce and tomatoes. Gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.