Spicy Raw Tomato Sauce with Mixed Herbs and Garlic2012-09-20
- Yield : 4 servings
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Best pasta choice: spaghetti or other long, very thin shape
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 cup tightly packed mixed fresh herbs
- 1 pound pasta
Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot for cooking the pasta.
Core and cut the tomatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Toss the tomatoes with the oil, garlic, salt and hot red pepper flakes in a bowl large enough to hold the cooked pasta.
Wash and dry the herbs. Keep small leaves whole and tear larger leaves (especially basil) into several pieces. Stir the herbs into the tomato mixture. Taste for salt and hot pepper and adjust seasonings if necessary.
While preparing the sauce, cook and drain the pasta. Toss the hot pasta with the tomato sauce. Mix well and transfer portions to pasta bowls. Serve immediately.