Spicy Red-Wine Spaghetti2018-05-26
- Yield : 4 to 6 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 25m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large shallot, halved, thinly sliced into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- One 750ml bottle zinfandel
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces coarsely crumbled goat cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 6 minutes, stirring pasta occasionally, until par-cooked. Drain and reserve the pasta water.
In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, shallots, crushed red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the wine and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
Add the pasta to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until almost all of the wine is absorbed and the pasta is tender but still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes (if the pasta mixture is too dry, add pasta cooking water 1/4 cup at a time).
Stir in the butter and 1 teaspoon salt. Increase the heat, and toss until the wine sauce thickens enough to coat the pasta, about 1 minute. Toss to blend.
Add the parsley and goat cheese and serve.