Spicy Soy Ribs with Sweet and Sour Slaw2017-07-15
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon Shaohsing rice wine
- 1 rack pork spareribs, cut in half across the bone and cut into single ribs
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 6 radishes, grated
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 Fresno chiles, finely diced
- 1 small Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the ribs: In a large bowl, combine ketchup, chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, 5-spice and rice wine. Then add the ribs. Marinate the ribs for 1 hour in the refrigerator, or as long as overnight.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat, making sure the grates have been brushed clean and lightly oiled before cooking.
Remove the ribs from the marinade and reserve the marinade. Place the ribs on the grill and cook for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Place the marinade into a saucepot and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Once boiled, continually baste the ribs as they are turned and until they are cooked through.
For the slaw: While the ribs are cooking, in a medium bowl, add the cilantro, radishes, carrots, chiles, cabbage and onions, and toss together.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, lemon juice and honey, and then add to the slaw mixture and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with hot ribs for the perfect BBQ treat!