Spicy Summer Peach Pizza2015-01-10
- Yield : 3 pizzas (4 to 6 servings)
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 1 gram instant yeast
- 1 pound '00' Italian pizza flour, preferably Caputo, plus more for dusting
- 2 grams salt
- 1 ounce extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces Goat Cheese Creme Fraiche, recipe follows
- 3 ripe peaches, sliced into 8 wedges each
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 3 jalapenos, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds (seeded if they are spicy ones!)
- 9 ounces Italian shredded cheese blend (Asiago, Parmesan and Romano)
- Eighteen 5-inch strips thin-sliced pancetta
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) soft goat cheese (chevre)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) creme fraiche or sour cream
For the crust: Sprinkle yeast over 10 ounces warm water (90 to 100 degrees F?feels like mild bath water) and stir.
Let sit 5 minutes to bloom.
Add flour and salt to a stand mixer fitted with dough hook attachment and mix to evenly distribute.
With mixer on a medium speed, slowly add yeasted water, then olive oil. Let mix until a smooth elastic dough ball forms, 6 to 7 minutes.
Turn dough onto a floured work surface and knead by hand for 2 minutes.
Form dough into a tight ball and place in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place to proof until it has approximately doubled in size, about 1 hour.
Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and divide into 3 equal portions. Form each into a tight dough round by hand and place in smaller bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to slowly ferment, 12 to 24 hours.
Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and spread by hand into approximately 12-inch pizza crusts.
Carefully lift crusts onto a floured pizza peel or the back of a floured cookie sheet.
For the toppings: Preheat the oven with a pizza stone in it on the highest setting possible; 650 degrees F in a wood-fired pizza oven or 500 degrees F in a conventional oven.
Spread a thin layer (about 1/2 cup) Goat Cheese Creme Fraiche over each dough.
Place 8 pieces of peach on each. Sprinkle sliced red onions around pizza.
Place sliced jalapenos around pizza. Sprinkle cheese evenly over pizzas. Place 6 pieces pancetta in a spoke pattern around pizzas.
Shimmy a pizza onto hot pizza stone in oven.
Bake until edges are golden and crispy looking, 4 to 9 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle fresh arugula over top. Cut pizza into 6 wedges and serve. Repeat with remaining pizzas.
Soften goat cheese at room temperature for 30 minutes. Mix goat cheese and creme fraiche together until smooth and well combined.