Spinach-and-Cheese Pork Chops with Polenta2017-03-29
- Yield : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat14 grams
- 1 18-ounce tube prepared polenta, sliced into 12 rounds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 thin bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 jarred cherry peppers or pepperoncini, drained and sliced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and add the polenta in a single layer; brush both sides with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the pork chops on both sides with the rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if needed, add the pork chops and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a separate baking sheet.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Add the garlic and cook until just golden, 1 minute. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Top the pork chops with the spinach and 1 cheese slice each; bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the broth to the skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Add the butter and stir until melted. Top the pork with the pan sauce and peppers; serve with the polenta.