Spinach and Green Apple Salad2014-12-14
- Yield : 4 servings, serving size is 2 cups
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat1.5 grams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 5 cups lightly packed)
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted in a dry skillet over a medium-high flame until fragrant, about 2 minutes
In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the spinach with the dressing until evenly coated then divide the spinach among 4 serving plates.
Core the apple and slice it into matchsticks. Sprinkle a quarter of the apple pieces on top of each salad. Follow with the walnut pieces. Serve immediately.