Spring Salad in Parmesan Cups2019-06-25
- Yield : 8 servings
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the baking sheets
- 1 1/3 cups freshly shredded parmesan cheese (use the large holes of a box grater)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh fava beans, shelled
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 heads baby lettuce, torn
- 2 small radishes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or lightly oiled parchment paper. Invert 4 small ramekins onto a cutting board; set aside.
Toss the cheese and flour in a bowl, then make 4 mounds on each of the prepared baking sheets (about 2 tablespoons cheese per mound). Spread into 5-inch rounds. Working with one pan at a time, bake until the cheese is golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, 1 minute. Using a thin metal spatula, remove the cheese rounds and drape over the inverted ramekins. Let cool completely, then remove to a platter.
Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a medium bowl with ice water. Cook the fava beans in the boiling water until tender, 3 to 5 minutes, adding the snap peas during the last minute of cooking. Transfer the favas and peas to the ice water with a slotted spoon; drain well. Remove the papery shells from the favas. Pat the snap peas dry and cut in half.
Whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl; whisk in the olive oil until smooth. Add the favas, snap peas, lettuce, radishes, chives and tarragon; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among the parmesan cups.