Steak and Eggs Benedict with Spicy Hollandaise2016-02-15
- Yield : 2 servings
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
- 3 large egg yolks
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus more if needed
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, melted and hot
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, from canned chipotles in adobo, plus more if needed
- Kosher salt
- Two 12-ounce tenderloin steaks, about 2 inches thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Butter, for the skillet
- 4 large eggs
- Garlic Butter English Muffins, recipe follows
- Cayenne pepper, for serving
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) salted butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 English muffins, halved
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
For the hollandaise sauce: Add the egg yolks and lemon juice to a blender and blend for several seconds. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the melted butter. Turn off the machine and add the adobo and some salt. Blend again and taste, adding more salt, adobo or lemon juice as needed. Set aside and keep warm.
For the steak and eggs: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Slice the steaks in half so you have four 1-inch-thick steaks. Pat dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. When the skillet is hot, add the steaks and cook until done to your liking. Remove to a plate, cover with a second plate and keep warm.
Wipe out the skillet, then rub it with a little butter. Crack in the eggs, keeping them separate, and cook until done to your liking, either sunny-side up or over easy. Season with salt and pepper.
To build: Place 2 halves of the Garlic Butter English Muffins onto each plate. Top each with a steak and then an egg. Pour over the hollandaise, garnish with some cayenne and serve immediately.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place a rack over a baking sheet.
Melt the butter with the garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Brush both sides of the muffins with the garlic butter and place them, split-side up, on the rack. Sprinkle with the Parmesan. Bake until browned, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.